Archetypal Women Series: Elizabeth I


Behind the scenes of Elizabeth I photo shoot

Part of my "Archetypal Women" series exploring depictions of strong women, Elizabeth I was queen regnant of England and Ireland from 17 November 1558 until her death in 1603. She was a savvy politian and bright mind. She is said to have a fiery temper. Despite pressure, she refused to marry her many suitors. Possibly because, for one, she was not able to marry the man she loved and, two, she knew this was the only way to keep her power and possibly her head. She also refused to name her successor probably for the same reason. Her long reign is often called the golden age. I have loosely chosen to represent her at the moment she is visiting her troops ahead of the expected invasion of the Spanish Armada... [...]

Read More



Recent Works
Ghost Trees Pink Sunset 2026 By Tracey Frugoli-5226
Ghost Trees Burgundy 2026 By Tracey Frugoli-5308
Ghost Trees Pale Blue 2026 By Tracey Frugoli-5257
Fire Series 2026 By Tracey Frugoli-5577
Join My Email List

Updates, Latest Works and News